Restoration Ranch — veterans caring for the horses, the land and each other
Little did we realize the positive changes that would result from the acquisition of Restoration Ranch — a 22-acre horse ranch that is run by veterans for the benefit of other veteran families and the Joyful Horse Project’s rehab horses.
In just a few short years, Restoration Ranch has become a place where veterans, horses and the land each contribute to the health and well being of the others. With dozens of veteran families visiting the ranch each month and 16 horses currently under our care, the ranch provides access to a rural way of life that embraces holistic health, sustainable agriculture and community building programs aimed at restoring the physical vitality, emotional and spiritual health of all involved. Click here watch a short video about our mission on behalf of veterans and horses.
For Restoration Ranch to fulfill it’s promise we need your support and participation to sustain our equine learning programs for military families and to expand our services, including:
- Equine Growth and Learning (EAGALA) sessions for veterans and their families,
- Individual and group horsemanship workshops for veteran families,
- Respite retreats for veterans groups and military caregivers,
- Outdoor adventure challenges for veteran participants,
- And more…
Projects co-sponsored by other veteran service organizations, scouting troops, sustainable agriculture projects and community outreach days for disadvantaged youth are also in the works to extend our mission.
Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to provide funds for our work to grow and continue. An all volunteer Board of Directors ensures that our administrative and overhead expenses are kept to a minimum so that your donations can be used directly to support our veterans programs and equine services.
Specific ways you can help:
- Sponsor a session for a veteran.
- Purchase a brick for our Memorial Pathway to honor a loved one.
- Become a regular monthly sponsor to support one of our horses — partial sponsorships of $100 – $200 or full sponsorships of $250 – $350 help pay costs for feed, medicine, veterinary and farrier care.
- Provide a sustaining scholarship with an annual donation between $500 and $5,000
- Contact us and make an appointment to visit the ranch and learn more about the volunteer opportunities and the special projects currently under way!
Thanks for your support!
57 Treehaven Ct., The Hills, TX 78738